It is described as a concentrated source of autologous conditioned platelets in a small blood volume. Its use in regenerative medicine is becoming more and more established on an international level and is being analysed in various fields in order to evaluate its effectiveness in processes of tissue reparation and healing.
Platelets are small disc-shaped fragments (2-4 μm) that originate from the bone marrow and have an average life of 8-10 days.
Inside them we find alpha-granules, which contain several growth factors, responsible for regenerating tissues.
These include: Platelet-derived growth factors (PDGFs ), Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), Transforming growth factor-b ( TGF-b).
Researches show that PRP:
- Prolongs the anagen phase
- Fosters the development of the hair follicle
- Improves cellular growth
HOW DOES IT WORK?
First of all it is necessary to draw a certain amount of peripheral venous blood.
Blood is centrifuged and processed inside specific devices. At the end of this process blood will be divided into its components:
- PPP (Platelet-Poor Plasma)
- Buffy Coat (Platelet-Rich Plasma and white blood cells)
- Red blood cells
PPP is then eliminated and only Platelet-Rich Plasma is used. Thanks to an activator, growth factors are then released.
Advantages of PRP:
- It helps tissue regeneration
- It stimulates hair follicle growth
- It fosters hair follicle thickening
- It prolongs the anagen phase
- It has a 6.5-6.7 pH level (possible inhibition of bacteria)
- It stimulates cellular proliferation
- It stimulates revascularization
- It accelerates the healing process
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill in the form and we will let you know if you are an ideal candidate for a hair transplant, if your goals can really be achieved with our help, the approximate number of grafts that should be transplanted, the avarage cost and if alternatives to transplantation are possible. We will answer you in about 3 working days. Fill in the form, it will only take a few minutes.